Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Second Blog (Week of March 7)

The first week of my involvement in the NEEMO Aquarius project was dominated by hands on interpretation of SonarWiz data.  However, as time progressed my participation in the project leaned more towards a research method.  Attempting to find scholarly articles focusing on the Conch Reef was at first relatively an easy task due to the direction I was instructed to go about by Art.  I began to research using the University of Delaware's online databases (such as Web of Science, GeoRef, etc.), searching for main topics involving "conch reef", "key largo", "Leichter" and "Stokes".  This method helped a great deal with journals about the changes that have occurred involved the physical aspects of the coral reef.  I found it a bit more difficult to find resources regarding the geological features of the area. 
Currently I have uploaded twenty references to the CSHEL RefWorks under the 'Aquarius' file.  I will continue to search for more references in order to gain a better understanding of the entire area.

--
Lyle de la Rosa
Coastal and Marine Geosciences
College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment
University of Delaware
Club Water Polo Secretary
(215)873-9014

No comments: