Monday, August 15, 2011

New macbook pro and data doubler

So my new 15" macbook pro arrived Friday and I've been spending the weekend slowly setting it up.  After much hemming and hawing I finally decided to just do a setup from scratch opting not to use migration assistant at the moment as I have in the past.  So far I like Lion though the vertical scrolling is opposite what I have been used to.  Seems snappy and nice features.  I have several apps installed and my new time capsule drive is up and doing backups like a champ.  Now its time to setup the new SSD data doubler from OWC.  I will be recording the process. My goal is to shift main drive duties over to the ssd (in optical bay) and use the now primary drive for storage and for a windows bootcamp partition...
Step 1 I have installed the Pro 6G 480 gB SSD into the optical bay frame.
...

No comments: